Thursday, October 11, 2012

In which I don't really do anything or have anything to say but say stuff anyway

So I woke up today with a massive headache and decided to take a day off from school. It was nice to be able to sleep in - I normally wake up at 6:03 (an extra 3 minutes courtesy of the Snooze button) and have to rush to catch the 7:00 bus. I didn't really do much today except watch movies and drink tea, but I feel a lot better now. The weather was also unusually nice today, I went out for a short walk and was able to enjoy the scarce German sunshine. I'm looking out the window now and see a merciless-looking band of clouds but hopefully they enjoy the fluidity of traveling in Europe and bug France or the Netherlands or Bayern or something.

Currently my class is doing Praktikum - two weeks of work experience and no school - and I'm staying in school with the 9th grade. The past week has been very interesting and homework-less, and I've met some pretty cool people. When I ignore the fact that pretty much everyone is 2 years younger than I am and yet I still manage to be one of the shortest in the class, I've been enjoying my temporary situation.

It's definitely a different story with the 9th grade here than it is back in the US. There's none of that freshman/sophomore/junior/senior stuff because Gymnasium starts at the 5th grade, so the 9th graders don't seem as immature or different compared to the others. They're a little smaller than the 10th graders and still have traces of baby face, but since they've been going to the same school for 4 years there's not much of that awkward tension that comes with age-difference. Or maybe I just bend in at a whopping 1.58 meters. 

I don't really have a life-changing philosophical conclusion today, I just felt like updating whoever has the time/lust to read up on whatever it is I'm doing.

Also yes, I realized I used lust in that sentence. That was meant to represent how shit my English has gotten in the past few weeks. Keep in mind that I'm also currently taking Spanish in school, which means my poor little foreign brain has to take on 2 foreign languages. Pero no problemo, ich kann alles! At dito pa yung Tagalog ko. Maybe by the time I'm 20 I can learn Latin and befriend the Pope.


No comments:

Post a Comment